Meetings - August 4, 2020 - Agenda
City and County of San Francisco
Notice and Agenda for Regular Meeting
Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 5:30 P.M.
Hearing will be held remotely.
Refer to the “Remote Access to Information and Participation” section at the end of this agenda document for detailed instructions on how to participate.
As the COVID-19 emergency evolves, please visit the Entertainment Commission website (sfgov.org/entertainment) regularly to be updated on the current situation as it affects the hearing process and the Entertainment Commission operations.
Ben Bleiman, President - Industry Representative
Dori Caminong, Vice President - Neighborhood Representative
Lt. Dave Falzon, Commissioner - Law Enforcement Representative
Steven Lee, Commissioner - Industry Representative
Al Perez, Commissioner - Neighborhood Representative
Laura Thomas, Commissioner - Public Health Representative
Cyn Wang, Commissioner - Urban Planning Representative
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
1. General Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Commission on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. With respect to agenda items, members of the public may address the Commission for up to three minutes at the time such item is called.
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes. Discussion and possible action to approve the minutes of the June 30, 2020 Commission meeting. [Discussion and Possible Action Item]
3. Report from Executive Director: Legislative/Policy Update: Update on the City and County of San Francisco’s response to COVID-19 as it relates to the work of the Entertainment Commission; Staff and Office Update: Director will provide a staffing update; Update on Board of Appeals Actions: none; Corrective Actions: none. [Discussion Item]
4. Presentation on the City’s Shared Spaces Program: Robin Abad, Shared Spaces Program Manager, provides an update on the City’s Shared Spaces Program created in response to COVID-19. [Discussion Item]
5. Hearing and Possible Action regarding applications for permits under the jurisdiction of the Entertainment Commission. [Discussion and Possible Action Item]
- EC-1583 – Peter Lin and Michael Hu of PMP Group Inc, dba YOLO, 333 11th St, Place of Entertainment and Extended Hours Premises permits – Change in Ownership
6. Commissioner Comments & Questions. [Announcements]
Remote Access to Information and Participation
The public may participate via computer with a Zoom link, or via telephone. This meeting will also be available to watch on SFGovTV.org and Channel 26.
To access the Hearing by Computer/Smartphone/Tablet or by Telephone:
- To access by computer/smartphone/tablet, please click the following link (or paste it into your browser): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89143696995 Or you may visit www.zoom.us or launch the Zoom app, and enter the Meeting ID 891 4369 6995.
- To access by telephone, call 833-548-0276 (toll free) and enter the Meeting ID 891 4369 6995 (please read the notes, below, prior to calling in).
Participants using the telephone who wish to speak on a particular item on the Entertainment Commission’s agenda can stay on the phone line and listen for the item to be called. Please wait for staff to announce the public comment portion. If your agenda item is called and you would like to speak in public comment on your phone, dial *9 and this will show a raised hand; staff will enter you into the meeting when it is your turn.
Public Comment during Hearings:
The Entertainment Commission welcomes and encourages public comment. Please read below to help facilitate this process:
Follow these best practices to improve your call:
- Call from a quiet location
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Turn down radios or televisions
Raising Your Hand in a Remote Meeting:
If you would like to speak during public comment, please listen for your agenda item to be called, then wait until the public comment section is announced. When it is your turn, staff will enter you into the meeting to speak or read aloud your chat message.
By computer, smartphone, or tablet:
Step 1: Click the ‘Participants’ button at the bottom of the screen. This brings up several options to choose from to provide nonverbal feedback.
Step 2: Select the ‘Raise Hand’ option.
By telephone: Dial *9 to raise your hand
By chat: During the public comment for a particular agenda item, you may submit a written comment via the chat function on Zoom. Your comment will be read aloud in the order it is received.
Things to Remember:
The Commission’s staff will indicate how much time you will have to provide your verbal comment. You will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
Once your public comment time has ended, you will be moved out of the live speaker line and back listening to the meeting (unless you disconnect).
Please see below for the Entertainment Commission’s interim policy on accessibility to its meetings.
Disability and language accommodations available upon request to: Crystal Stewart, Commission Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 554-6678 at least 48 hours in advance.
To view hearing on-line
Live Stream of SFGTV and SFGTV2: http://www.sfgovtv.org/index.aspx?page=68
Video on Demand, Commissions, Councils and Boards: http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?viewid=20
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact:
Sunshine Ordinance Task Force
Victor Young, Administrator
City Hall, Room 244
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
Office: (415) 554-7724
(Fax): (415) 554-7854
Persons attending the meeting and those unable to attend may submit written comments regarding the subject of the meeting. Such comments will be made part of the official public record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission. Written comments should be submitted to the Entertainment Commission via email to Maggie Weiland, Executive Director, Maggie.Weiland@sfgov.org.
Explanatory Documents: Copies of explanatory documents listed in this agenda, and other related materials received by the Entertainment Commission after the posting of this agenda, can be obtained by emailing Entertainment.Enforcement@sfgov.org during normal business hours, and also, to the extent possible, will be available on the Commission's website at: https://sfgov.org/entertainment/public-notices-meetings.