Environmental Review Process
The Environmental Review Process Summary provides more information regarding the CEQA review process conducted by Environmental Planning. The environmental review process can involve a number of steps, beginning with:
- The proposed action considered for review is screened to determine if it may be exempt from Environmental Review, known as a Categorical Exemption from CEQA. What's This?
- If a proposed action is determined to be exempt from CEQA, some or all of the following steps can be taken:
- If a proposed action is determined not to be exempt from CEQA, some or all of the following steps can be taken depending on the scope of the project:
- Environmental Evaluation (EE) Application What's This?
- Initial Study What's This?
- Special Studies What's This?
- Shadow Study
- Transportation Impact Study
- Negative Declaration What's This?
- Preliminary Negative Declarations (PND) or Preliminary Mitigated Negative Declarations (PND)
- Final Negative Declaration (FND) or Final Mitigated Negative Declaration (FMND)
- Appeals of Negative Declarations- Includes a Public Comment period
- Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) - Includes a Public Comment period What's This?