This policy outlines the types of information we gather when you visit our website, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it.
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use this aggregated anonymous information from all of our visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Information you provide
- Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form is used to help us enhance our web sites, and may be shared with City and County of San Francisco employees and contractors for that purpose.
- We do not give, share, sell, rent or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved.
- You can choose not to have your data collected by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on.
- The City and County of San Francisco uses link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from dozens of agencies that are not part of the City and County of San Francisco website and over whom City exercises no control.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites.
- We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website expressly consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.