The Youth Commission is a body of 17 youth from San Francisco between the ages of 12 and 23. Created by the voters under a 1995 amendment to the City Charter, the commission is responsible for advising the Board of Supervisors and the Mayor on policies and laws related to young people. The Youth Commission is also charged with providing comment and recommendation on all proposed laws that would primarily affect youth before the Board takes final action. You can read more about the Youth Commission here.
District 1 Jayden Tanaka
District 2 Valentina Alioto-Pier
District 3 Sammy Foley
District 4 Jiajian Harry Xu
District 5 Arsema Asfaw
District 6 Gabrielle Listana
District 7 Adrianna Zhang
District 8 Sahara Frett
District 9 Amadeos Oyagata
District 10 Vanessa Pimentel
District 11 Emily Nguyen
Mayoral Amara Santos
Mayoral Steven Hum
Mayoral Ewan Barker Plummer
Mayoral Isaiah Catubig
Mayoral Jayda Love
- The Youth Commission application cycle for '22-'23 Youth Commission is closed. We are currently conducting interviews to those who applied.
The Youth Commission meets regularly as a full body on the first and third Monday of every month. Meetings are usually held at 5:00 pm in room 416 of City Hall. However, due to COVID-19 & Shelter-in-Place, the Youth Commission will be meeting remotely. The YC's meetings calendar for the 2021-22 term can be found here.
- The Youth Commission has resumed their regularly scheduled meetings. The next Full YC meeting will be held remotley on Monday, May 16th, 2022 at 5pm. An agenda will be posted. Instructions to give public comment have been detailed in the notice.
The Youth Commission has standing issue-based committees that meet regularly in City Hall are meeting virtuallly. The Youth Commission 2021-2022 issue-based committees are as follows:
- The Civic Engagement Committee has disbanded and will reconvene in the new 2022-2023 term.
- The Executive Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, May 11th, 2022 @ 5pm. An agenda will be posted. Instructions to give public comment have been detailed in the notice.
- The Housing and Land Use Committee has disbanded and will reconvene in the new 2022-2023 term.
- The Transformative Justice Committee has disbanded and will reconvene in the new 2022-2023 term.
- The minutes from the Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday, April 13th, 2022 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Transformative Justice Committee meeting on Monday, June 14th, 2021 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Full Youth Commission meeting on Monday, April 18th, 2022 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Civic Engagement Committee meeting on Monday, June 28th, 2021 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Housing and Land Use Committee meeting on Tuesday, July 27th, 2021 have been posted.
What Happened in the Recent Past?
To see what we were focused on the last term, check out the Youth Commission's Policy and Budget Priorities here. To see current business from the 2020-21 term, visit our tracking YC business page.