The Youth Commission is a body of 17 youth from San Francisco between the ages of 12 and 23. Created by the voters under a 1995 amendment to the City Charter, the commission is responsible for advising the Board of Supervisors and the Mayor on policies and laws related to young people. The Youth Commission is also charged with providing comment and recommendation on all proposed laws that would primarily affect youth before the Board takes final action. You can read more about the Youth Commission here.
District 1 Sarah Cheung
District 2 Valentina Alioto-Pier
District 3 Maggie Dong
District 4 Josephine Cureton
District 5 Calvin Quick
District 6 Khatab Alameri
District 7 Crystal Chan
District 8 Jose "Jojo" Ty
District 9 Ariana Arana
District 10 Rome Jones
District 11 Amara Santos
Mayoral Rocky Versace
Mayoral Alexander Hirji
Mayoral Arsema Asfaw
Mayoral Nora Hylton
Mayoral Arianna Nassiri
Vote16SF is back! The Youth Commission is excited to announce it will be spearheading another ballot initiative for November 2020 that would expand municipal voting rights to 16 and 17 year olds in SF. We are partnering up with Generation Citizen and PowerCA, two lead agencies mobilizing at the state and national level! Follow us on social media #vote16SF.
Please welcome our new staff, Youth Development Specialist, Itzel Estrada to the team. She started on October 1st. Please drop by and say Hi. She'll be the staff support lead for the Housing and Land Use committee.
- Youth Commissioners have approved their Budget & Policy Priorities for fiscal years 2019-20 and 2020-21. They can be viewed here (PDF) and the footage of their presentation to the Board of Supervisors' Budget & Finance Committee here at the 1:58 mark.
The Youth Commission meets regularly as a full body on the first and third Monday of every month. Meetings are usually held at 5:00 pm in room 416 of City Hall. Please, see our calendar of all regularly scheduled Youth Commission meetings for the 2019-20 term.
- The next full Youth Commission meeting will take place on Monday, February 3rd, 2019 at 5 pm in room 416. An agenda will be posted.
The Youth Commission has standing issue-based committees that meet regularly in City Hall. The Youth Commission 2019-20 issue-based committees are as follows:
- The Executive Committee will meet on Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 at 5 pm in room 345. An agenda has beenposted.
- The Housing and Land Use Committee will meet on Thursday, January 30th, 2020, at 5 pm in room 278. An agenda has been posted.
- The Transformative Justice Committee will meet on Monday, January 27th, 2020 at 5:00 pm in room 278. An agenda has been posted.
- The Civic Engagement Committee will meet on Monday, January 27th, 2020 at 4:30 pm in room 270. An agenda has been posted.
- The minutes from the Executive Committee for Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 in room 345 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Transformative Justice Committee meeting on Monday, January 13th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Full Youth Commission meeting on Sunday, January 19th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Civic Engagement Committee meeting on Monday, January 13th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Housing and Land Use Committee meeting on Thursday, January 16th, 2020 have been posted.
What Happened in the Recent Past?
To see what we were focused on the last term, check out the Youth Commission's Policy and Budget Priorities from 2015-16 (PDF) as well as the 2015 annual report (PDF). To see current business from the 2014-15 term, visit our tracking YC business page.