The Youth Commission is a body of 17 youth from San Francisco between the ages of 12 and 23. Created by the voters under a 1995 amendment to the City Charter, the commission is responsible for advising the Board of Supervisors and the Mayor on policies and laws related to young people. The Youth Commission is also charged with providing comment and recommendation on all proposed laws that would primarily affect youth before the Board takes final action. You can read more about the Youth Commission here.
District 1 Sarah Cheung
District 2 Valentina Alioto-Pier
District 3 Maggie Dong
District 4 Josephine Cureton
District 5 Calvin Quick
District 6 Khatab Alameri
District 7 Crystal Chan
District 8 Jose "Jojo" Ty
District 9 Ariana Arana
District 10 Rome Jones
District 11 Amara Santos
Mayoral Rocky Versace
Mayoral Alexander Hirji
Mayoral Arsema Asfaw
Mayoral Nora Hylton
Mayoral Arianna Nassiri
BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK TRANS LIVES MATTER. BLACK QUEER LIVES MATTER. BLACK MIGRANT LIVES MATTER. BLACK DISABLED LIVES MATTER. Read our statement and resources list here.
Beloved Community, We are in this together. Please see our COVID-19 statement here. Practice Physical Distancing, but Maintain Social Solidarity.
Youth Commissioners have approved their Budget & Policy Priorities for fiscal years 2020 - 2021 and 2021 - 2022. They can be viewed here (PDF) and the footage of their presentation to the Board of Supervisors' Budget & Appropriations Committee here.
Vote16SF is officially on the ballot! The Youth Commission's Civic Engagement Committee is disbanded and now working on the initiative in a volunteer capacity.
The Youth Commission meets regularly as a full body on the first and third Monday of every month. Meetings are usually held at 5:00 pm in room 416 of City Hall. Please, see our calendar of all regularly scheduled Youth Commission meetings for the 2019-20 term.
- The next full Youth Commission meeting on Monday, July 20th, 2020 at 5:00 pm, will be taking place virtually. An agenda will be posted. Instructions to call-in or give public comment will be detailed on agenda notice.
The Youth Commission has standing issue-based committees that meet regularly in City Hall. The Youth Commission 2019-20 issue-based committees are as follows:
- The Executive Committee will be having a remote meeting on Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 at 5 pm. An agenda has been posted.
- The Housing and Land Use Committee will be having a remote meeting on Thursday, July 16th, 2020, at 5 pm. An agenda has been posted.
- The Transformative Justice Committee will be not meet on Monday, July 13th, 2020 at 5 pm due to the Shelter-In-Place Order. A cancellation notice has been posted.
- The Civic Engagement Committee will not meet on Monday, June 22, 2020 at 4:30pm in room 270 due to the Shelter-In-Place Order. A cancellation notice has been posted.
- The minutes from the Executive Committee for Wednesday, June 124th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Transformative Justice Committee meeting on Monday, June 22nd, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Full Youth Commission meeting on Monday, July 6th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Civic Engagement Committee meeting on Monday, February 24th, 2020 have been posted.
- The minutes from the Housing and Land Use Committee meeting on Thursday, June 25th, 2020 have been posted.
What Happened in the Recent Past?
To see what we were focused on the last term, check out the Youth Commission's Policy and Budget Priorities from 2015-16 (PDF) as well as the 2015 annual report (PDF). To see current business from the 2014-15 term, visit our tracking YC business page.